Trainee/ Junior Race Technician
We at Ric Wood Motorsport are wanting to recruit a new member of the team,
We specialise in design, development and the building of race winning cars, engines and components. With 35 years of trading and nearly a century or collective experience, it’s not hard to understand why our customer base is global. Our philosophy is rigorous Research & Development, through testing and measurement, precision manufacture and building. With Industry leading technology and equipment, from 3d digital scanners to a complete modern CNC machine shop, our results speak for themselves. And we’re looking for someone to join the team.
This person should be someone ideally young, have an interest in Motorsport, a strong attention to detail, someone patient and ultimately capable of learning within the role. Full training will be provided. This is a brilliant opportunity for someone fresh out of education or someone looking to learn or have a career change. Please understand, we are looking for the right candidate regardless of experience. As such, this role is being advertised as NO FORMAL QUALIFICATIONS OR EXPERIENCE REQUIRED.
Main duties will include learning to assemble and prepare historic touring cars for UK and European based competitions
Following a successful training period, the applicant will be able to carry out the following tasks…
• Technicians are responsible for the preparation of multiple completion vehicles, their associated parts & equipment, including, but not limited too.
• The execution of all tasks that the candidate is assigned to
• Ensuring that the job list is executed completely & accurately
• Working with in house engineers to ensure all manufactured components are to specification.
• Work closely with the entire team, ensuring clear lines of communication are maintained in a professional timely manner.
• Reporting to race engineers to supply information about the schedule of preparation & required job list for the car & equipment
• Informing the race engineer of any mileage-controlled parts that need replacing on the car
• Making sure that any replacement part used on the car is to the same specification of the one taken out & that new parts comply with the regulations
• Understand race regulations, and an ability to ensure no breaches are made during the building and running of said competition vehicles
• Pre run checklist, engine check & gearbox
• Working on the gearbox & drivetrain.
• Measuring & setup of the car (corner weighting, alignment etc)
• To promote & maintain at all times the professional image of Ric Wood Motorsport by ensuring high standards of both professional & personal presentation
The position is open to anyone aged 16 years and over with an interest in Motorsport. 40 hours a week, 8am- 5pm with an hour lunch break, overtime available and evening and weekend work/travel may be required.
If you yourself or anyone you know may be suited to the role, then please share this opening with them.
We look forward to hearing from you.
Thank you for your time,
-Ric Wood Motorsport