Trained Race Technician
We at Ric Wood Motorsport are wanting to recruit a new member of the team,
We specialise in design, development and the building of race winning cars, engines and components. With 35 years of trading and nearly a century or collective experience, it’s not hard to understand why our customer base is global. Our philosophy is rigorous Research & Development, through testing and measurement, precision manufacture and building. With Industry leading technology and equipment, from 3d digital scanners to a complete modern CNC machine shop, our results speak for themselves. And we’re looking for someone to join the team.
Main duties include assembly and preparation of historic touring cars for UK and European based competitions
- •The technician is responsible for the preparation of multiple completion vehicles, their associated parts & equipment, including, but not limited too.
- •The execution of all tasks that the candidate is assigned to
- •Maintaining multiple competition vehicles to the highest possible standard, checking all components thoroughly
- •Ensuring that the job list is executed completely & accurately
- •Working with in house engineers to ensure all manufactured components are to specification.
- •Work closely with the entire team, ensuring clear lines of communication are maintained in a professional timely manner.
- •Reporting to race engineers to supply information about the schedule of preparation & required job list for the car & equipment
- •Informing the race engineer of any mileage-controlled parts that need replacing on the car
- •Making sure that any replacement part used on the car is to the same specification of the one taken out & that new parts comply with the regulations
- •Have an understanding of race regulations, and an ability to ensure no breaches are made during the building and running of said competition vehicles
- •Pre run checklist, engine check & gearbox
- •Working on the gearbox & drive-train
- •Measuring & setup of the car (corner weighting, alignment etc)
- •To professionally & conscientiously fulfil the duties specified
- •To promote & maintain at all times the professional image of Ric Wood Motorsport by ensuring high standards of both professional & personal presentation.
The position is 40 hours a week, 8am- 5pm with an hour lunch break, with overtime available. Evening and weekend work/travel may be required. Pay reflects experience/ knowledge and ability to complete all tasks to a high standard.
If you yourself or anyone you know may be suited to the role, then please share this opening with them.
We look forward to hearing from you.
Thank you for your time,
-Ric Wood Motorsport